Tuesday, February 21, 2012




My Food Advice

I have to be in the mood for something to eat it, I have to see something completely done and cooked before i'll even consider putting it in my stomach. If Adam says, "Do you want pizza or spaghetti?" I say no to both because I don't know if i'm craving it till I see it. So word of advice, unless you saw something that you are particularly craving, just let someone cook whatever and then trust me you will want it once its made. The following items are what have made me queasy just thinking about them so far...

The things I've really craved are...




I'm sure there are other food aversions I have had or cravings I have had but these are the ones that have stuck with me the whole time.

There are a lot of foods you aren't suppose to have during pregnancy that a lot of people don't know about...

1. Sushi and large fish
2. Deli meats, turkey ham pepperoni (unless cooked)
3. Under cooked meats
4. Soft cheeses
5. Hot dogs
6. Caffeine
7. Alcohol
8. Coffee
9. Lots of sweets
10. Unwashed vegetables or fruits
11. Unpasteurized milk
12. Herbal Teas
13. Artificial Sweeteners
14. Diet drinks
15. Tuna
16. Very spicy foods
17. Carbonated drinks (sprite, coke, any kind of soda, sparkling water) they all contain aspartame

These are the main things I know of or have read about.

Foods that helped me through nausea...

1. Saltine crackers
2. Cereal
3. Ginger snaps or chews
4. Sips of water
5. Sprite
6. Peanut butter and Jelly crackers

Bland foods are the best for nausea, nothing to upsetting to the stomach or bad for it, just small amounts of small things till you feel better.

Foods you need to be eating...
http://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/eating-well/week-11/big-nutrition-small-packages.aspx
http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/eating-right-when-pregnant
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health_advice/facts/pregnantdiet.htm

One last word of advice on food...


YOU ARE NOT EATING FOR TWO
You only need to get 300 more calories in your diet then you did when you weren't pregnant and your only generally suppose to gain around 25 lbs.


No comments:

Post a Comment