1. Gerber Rice Cereal (Single Grain)- Matthew didn't like this cereal alone, but when we added it to his regular feeding in the bottle, it was a hit. Not only did he stop spitting up as much, but he was fuller, leading to longer breaks in between feedings. We give him about 4-6 spoonfuls in a 4 ounce bottle of Gerber Formula.2. Gerber Rubber Spoons- I originally bought the "Oneida" kid's set, turns out I won't get to use those until his gums aren't as sore from all the teething going on. These are the perfect size & the rubber allows him to be able to chew on them without pain.
3. Aden & Anais bibs- Bibs are obviously a neccisity, but I love this fabric & they are adorable. You don't have to use bibs for just feeding either, they are great to put on while your baby is teething, because they drool a lot & you don't want to be changing a ton of outfits.
4. Infant Tylenol- I haven't tried any other brands, just this one that the pediatrician recommended. It's bubble gum flavor, Matthew normally makes a sour face when we first squirt it into his mouth, but after the inticial hit, he is begging for more (he thinks it is food). I try not to use it a lot, just because I'm not a big on medicine person, but it has been great to have on hand when he won't take any teething toys because he is in so much pain.
5. Vulli Teether- Same brand as the Sophie the Giraffe, just boy style :) He doesn't have a great enough grip to grib on & teethe well with it, BUT the sound keeps him quite for a good while!!
6. Baby Einstein Take Along Tunes- It may be annoying, but for some reason "big people music" doesn't do much for a screaming child. It's the annoying child music that is just right. The side is a great "nah" on addition as well.
7. Boon Drying Rack Accesory- I love this thing. We have the boon grass drying rack that this goes with. The stem comes up from the grass rack & holds the nipples & the other part of the bottle that screws on. It leaves extra room for more stuff, after having spoons, bottles, teething toys, pacifiers, you'll understand.
8. Johnny Jump Up- This was a hit the moment he got in it, he has yet to jump in it, but he loves the feeling of being able to stand up & swing back & forth. It's like being held, although I get to keep my hands free BONUS.
9. Baby Bjorn- This is the ultimate baby carrier. I can't stand any of the "wraps", people say they are easy, blah blah blah. But they aren't, it doesn't get much more simple then snap & go. Wrap & go= disaster. At least, for me. This thing relieves all the pains of carrying a baby without it, you can put them towards you, or facing out. Matthew has now discovered that he can chew on it as well, which helps the crying.
10. Feel & Learn Book- This has teething rubber on the ends of it,enough said. Just kidding, but it also makes a crinkley noise, which he loves, it has animals with different textures, & lots of pretty colors.
11. Combi Walker- I love this thing. Daddy has a nice car, so Matthew has to have a nice car too!! The "hood" comes off & turns into a normal tray for playing & feeding. When the "hood" is on it plays 4 different musical tones on the wheel & honks. It has little toys on the sides as well. It also turns into a jumper, for when he starts jumping. Two in one!!
& to finish off this entry I didn't want to forget to wish you all a Happy New Year from Matthew himself ;) I hope everyone had a fun & safe holiday!!