Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Wedding Planning....Month Two


So, I thought we accomplished a lot in month one, but now with month two down, we have accomplished a ton more. I should really look into this as a career, I'm loving it. My last post left you all knowing that we had finished & made our deposits on the following....

-Venue
-Photographer
-Food
-DJ
-Honeymoon
-Dress & Shoes
-Engagement Photos
-Asking my bridesmaids
-Date
-Color Scheme


We sent our "Save The Date" out this month, they are magnets (this way no one can loose them, no excuses ;) ) Our photos were taken by Timeless Photography & we purchased our "Save The Date" off etsy by Fifth Vintage. My dress is also from Dress Up


I finished making all decorations, & buying a lot of them off Etsy. Everything else I'm making now is stuff I never planned on making but I scour pinterest for hours looking at wedding stuff before I go to sleep & I come up with hundreds of more ideas. I made a lot of my stuff, it really went well with the whole "Country Chic" theme, & it kept me busy. For this "C" I used a wooden letter C, wrapped it in Jute, using a hot glue gun & purchased the flowers from Hobby Lobby, & glued them on, super simple, but very time consuming. All of my decorations were made using lace, burlap, jute, pearls, lots of paint, & bear bottles. 


I asked my little sister to be my flower girl. I also asked Adam's nieces Sera & Rose to be flower girls as well. So I have a total of three. They are going to be wearing the big poofy tulle dresses & with flowers on them, & TOMS. 


I used a calligraphy pen to write all 50 some odd "Save The Date" envelopes. This was the first one I did, but by the end I was a pro. I loved doing it, its time consuming, but it looks to original & fun compared to the plain boring stuff!! I got the calligraphy pen at Office Max :)



Adam got his wedding band this month. We got an awesome deal & I love it too. 





I also got a new ring, the original one we got was kind of a fast act ring, he wanted to ask during Valentines Day & our two year anniversary, so this time I went & picked one out with him. It's Vera Wang just like my dress, I love it. I love that it looks like the Edwardian style rings on the side & it's perfect size for my finger. 




I have also been having a ton of fun making Mrs, Bride, & workout shirts. The first one says "bride mode" & the second on says "sweating for the wedding". I just found the ideas on pinterest & bought some cheap tanks from Khols :) I forgot to tell you all that in the last month & a half I have been working out SIX DAYS A WEEK, or even 7 if I feel up to it. I've been taking Zumba, Boot Camp Conditioning, & Body Works Plus Abs at my gym (finally making use of that 30$ a month member fee) & I even have some friends to go with so its a lot more motivating. I lost quite a few inches & toned up a lot, no weight is dropping on the scale, but I think I'm building muscle so that's why I don't see a change. I currently weigh 127, I normally used to weigh around 120-123, but I'm very happy with where I'm at. 


I got all my bridesmaids together this weekend to go bridesmaid dress shopping. We found the perfect ones, Vera Wang, big surprise lol. So now my dress, my ring, & my bridesmaid dresses are all Vera, she is actually a lot more affordable then people think & she has gorgeous stuff. From left to right Beth I met when I worked at Hooters & she has a little girl Gracie who is a month younger than Matthew (the little girl in Matthew's Valentines photos) Lynn, I met in hair school, we hit it off right away & have been friends ever since, then me obviously, Jody is Adam's sister, & then Jaime is my sister. My sister Annie who is two years younger than me is a total tom boy & refuses to be a bridesmaid lol, but I saw that one coming. My maid of honor, Katie, lives in Kansas, but she ordered her dress the day after we got ours, I was sad she couldn't be there with us. The bridesmaids will be in a soft pink color, also wearing TOMS, but the wedges :)

Recent Etsy Store Purchases (The Stores I have used)

-Shabby Country Chic
- Liquid Courage 
-Sweetly Scrapped Art

This Month....
- Asking flower girls
-Adam's wedding band
-Bridesmaid dresses
- Booked Bridal shower place
- Decorations
-Save the dates
-My new wedding ring
- Favors for boys & girls
- Cake
-Chair Covers
- Adam's Passport

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've gotten a lot done. Wedding planning is so fun & I also spend hours on Pinterest getting ideas for my wedding. Love your save the dates

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! So exciting!!! Love the shabby chic theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw Katie, everything looks gorgeous! I love you wedding planning posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're rocking and rolling with this wedding planning thing! Good job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, I love what you're going for with the decorations! Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katie,

    Thank you so much for featuring us on your blog :)
    Glad that you liked those Save the Date Magnets.
    It was fun working with you.

    Thank you.

    Cheers,
    Fifth Vintage
    www.fifthvintage.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete